29 Best Warren Buffet Investment Quotes
Millionaires and billionaires seem to make you think of rare mystic beings who must have been born with a lucky horseshoe.
Life can be hard, especially financially, so the mystery deepens when you compare your circumstances to a millionaire.
You conclude that they must rub elbows with all the right people who have lifted them into the success they have.
In reality, millionaires aren’t entirely different from the rest of society. They just do a few key things differently and that makes all the difference.
Here you can explore the inner workings of one of the richest men in the world, Mr. Warren Buffet.
Who Is Warren Buffet?
- Born in 1930 in Omaha, Nebraska
- Worth $83 billion
- Established his company Berkshire Hathaway in 1956
- Attended the University of Pennsylvania at the age of 16
- Has lived in the same house since 1958
29 Warren Buffet Investment Quotes
1. “Invest in yourself above all else.”
2. “Buy Low-Cost S&P 500 Index Funds.”
3. “Risk comes from not knowing what you are doing.”
4. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.”
5. “Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing the vessel is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching the leak.”
6. “A public opinion poll is no substitute for thought.”
7. “The only time to buy these is on a day with no ‘Y’ in it.”
8. “It’s far better to buy a wonderful company at a fair price than a fair company at a wonderful price.”
9. “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”
10. “Rule No. 1: Never lose money. Rule No. 2: Remember rule number 1.”
11. “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”
12. “Today people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn’t. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value.”
13. “Americans are in a cycle of fear which leads to people not wanting to spend and not wanting to make investments, and that leads to more fear. We’ll break out of it. It takes time.”
14. “Predicting rain doesn’t count. Building an ark does.”
15. “Look at market fluctuations as your friend rather than your enemy; profit from folly rather than participate in it.”
16. “The investor of today does not profit from yesterday’s growth.”
17. “Wide diversification is only required when investors do not understand what they are doing.”
18. “Why not invest your assets in the companies you really like? As Mae West said, ‘Too much of a good thing can be wonderful’.”
19. “The rich are always going to say that, you know, just give us more money and we’ll go out and spend more and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you. But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope the American public is catching on.”
20. “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you’ll do things differently.”
21. “If a business does well, the stock eventually follows.”
22. “You only have to do very few things right in your life so long as you don’t do too many things wrong.”
23. “We believe that according to the name ‘investors’ to institutions that trade actively is like calling someone who repeatedly engages in one-night stands a ‘romantic.’”
24. “Our favorite holding period is forever.”
25. “The business schools reward difficult complex behavior more than simple behavior, but simple behavior is more effective.”
26. “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who’s been swimming naked.”
27. “There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.”
28. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”
29. “Beware of geeks bearing formulas.”
In just a few quotes its easy to determine there is a lot of simplicity in the methods of Warren Buffett.
As we struggle financially it’s easy to get caught up in the thoughts that making and keeping money is a very difficult task.
You may be surprised to find that by changing your thinking you could also be positively changing your financial situation.
97 Money Saving Tips
Explore simple tips to keep your cash in your wallet!